UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSIONS TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2021/2022 SESSION
The School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos – University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride, a leading, reputable first generation institution for postgraduate education and research in Africa, situated in the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University in the 2021/2022 Session, namely:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MHyS, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS , MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.)
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full Time, Part Time, Executive, Sandwich and Open Distance Learning (ODL) options as applicable.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
- Sale of Application Forms commences on Monday, 26th April and ends on Sunday, 29th August, 2021 (18 Weeks).
- Completed Application Forms to be submitted ONLINE not later than Sunday 5th September, 2021 (1 Week AFTER).
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, Http://Spgs.Unilag.Edu.Ng, Click the ‘2021/2022 Applications’ link.
- Confirm availability and your eligibility for the desired programme.
- Click the ‘Application Form’ link and select the Postgraduate option from the ‘Application Type’ menu.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of non-refundable fee of N22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand, Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on your Payment Advice.
- Online Payment: Click the ‘PayNow’ link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank Debit Card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website Http://Spgs.Unilag.Edu.Ng, click the 2020/2021 Application link, then ‘Continue Application’ link, login with your ‘Payment Reference Number’, using your surname in lowercase as your password.
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification).
- Click ‘SUBMIT FORM’ button if the information is correct, else, click ‘DECLINE’ button and continue again.
(CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO ‘SUBMIT FORM’ ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED THE APPLICATION FORM AS EDITING AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE)
Applicants are to note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes or Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload EVERY credential listed on the application form for the admission such as: (a) Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) (b) NYSC Certificate (c) Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration/screening exercise.
- All M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.Dates for ONLINE Qualifying Examinations and any additional information will be advertised and provided on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies: Http://Spgs.Unilag.Edu.Ng.
For further enquiries, contact through the following:
- Telephone lines provided at Http://Spgs.Unilag.Edu.Ng
- E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org