The Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women: Call For 2021 Applications
What is the Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women?
The Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women aims to support underserved female university students who excel in both academics and extracurriculars. Scholars get an annual scholarship (up to N1,500,000 per academic year), 1-on-1 mentoring with Mrs. Funmi Omo, and access to a high-level network of intellectual peers.
Our mission is to provide promising, young Nigerian women with quality education so that, in turn, they will have an opportunity to positively impact our society.
Our Success Story…So Far
The maiden edition of the Funmi Omo Initiative Scholarship for Young Women was quite unique. The Initiative got over 3000 entries from bright young women from all over Nigeria. We narrowed these candidates down to a shortlist of 19, from which we chose the final 7 scholars who were the beneficiaries.
At first, we set out to benefit 5 young women, but from a crop of extraordinary students, we were hard-pressed to pick 7. The promise of these young women and their potential was not to be ignored.
After the pandemic hit, priorities shifted for our scholars, as new challenges arose. Our scholars faced these challenges with the tenacity expected of them. As schools were not in session, they turned inwards to community projects to make an impact in their immediate environment.
This initiative made a positive impact in the lives of these young women, and we are proud of the network of FOI scholars we see becoming a powerhouse of accomplishers.
2021 Scholarship Application Criteria
We are looking for the brightest minds for this second edition. Make sure you put your best foot forward and complete all of the application steps with the utmost detail. The most important thing is, to be honest with your accomplishments and communicate your value clearly.
We look forward to meeting our applicants.
1. The sum of N300,000 per student covers school fees and a discretionary allowance for upkeep.
2. Personal academic and career coaching to give you an edge in your future professional pursuits.
3. Networking with like-minded colleagues and mentors, creating a lifelong network.
1. You have gained admission to the university and can show proof of admission.
2. You are between 17 – 28 years.
3. You are resident in Nigeria.
4. You are willing to commit to one hour of coaching, delivered online, every quarter.
5. You show evidence of an excellent result (a minimum of 4.0 GPA) in the previous academic year OR you have recently gained admission and have an admission letter into the university.
6. You are an active member of school-sanctioned extracurricular organizations.
7. You have a functioning bank account.
How to apply:
1. Fill the online form CLICK HERE TO APPLY
2. Write a cover letter stating your personal career goals and ideas for making Nigeria a better place for young women. This is your chance to present your ideas – dream big!
3. Attach your results from the previous academic year(s) and your referee information (one academic referee and one parent/guardians